The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By dimtimjim
Chris not in for opening half hour or so of the show today.....

Now, i'll confess to being one of Chris' biggest fans, love all his work and grown up listening to him. But, I'm also a bit of a traditionalist. I was brought up on 'better never than late' when it comes to work. The point being if your paid job is not important enough for you to ensure you drag ya carcass outa ya pit and arrive on time, look elsewhere.

Added to this 'tis the last day before two weeks off...!!

Now i've always backed Chris/team when ther topic of working hard/taking lots of holiday has come up in here, but if I can get outa bed and drive 100 miles to the office and STILL arrive in time for opening link, I always feel slightly annoyed when Chris turns up late for it!

Anyway, he's in now, let the mirth commence.
By freddie
It wasnt Chris' fault this morning was it?

I thought the taxi didnt turn up on time, causing Chris to miss the opening 30 mins.
By Yudster
We've had this discussion so many times before, I hate the idea that we're having it again - but I can't help it, as soon as Dev's show continues past 6.26 that annoyed feeling starts and it just gets worse and worse as the poor excuses (no Chris, everyone ISN'T late for work sometimes) and the pretending and the silly - and completely unsuccessful - attempts to make the whole thing funny continue. Even Dave was pissed off about it this morning from the sound of him.

Just get to bed at an appropriate time and get up when your * alarm goes off - its not * rocket science, just DO it and stop bloody whining.
By Nicola_Red
Never mind the missing link, what about these frickin' Dr Who trailers? SO annoyed about yesterday's Tedious. How I'm supposed to transcribe that i don't know.
By catherine
I don't mind once in a while considering I have never ever known him to take any days off sick. It's when he has a period of doing it often that is annoying. The one thing i don't like is him trying to turn it into a funny link, I'd much rather an apology and I will be there as soon as I can but in the mean time Aled is going to take over.
By Andy B
Sometimes these things just happen. I'm buggered if I could get out of bed At 5.30 nearly every day for the last 7 years. Sometimes other things happen too. No matter how much planning or preparation you make there can be external influences over which you will have no control. To the people that say "oh give yourself plety of time for the unplanned inconveniences", it once took me 4 hours to get into work on a journey that normally took me half an hour or so.

Sometimes these things just happen and there are those people to whom they happen more often. It's not as if he's asking for Fridays off is it?
By Ilovematt
freddie wrote:It wasnt Chris' fault this morning was it?

I thought the taxi didnt turn up on time, causing Chris to miss the opening 30 mins.

I thought they said it was a localized power cut/April fools joke (epic Fail imo). I did switch off for half an hour as this 'telephone link' effort is boring.
By Yudster
catherine wrote:I don't mind once in a while considering I have never ever known him to take any days off sick. It's when he has a period of doing it often that is annoying. The one thing i don't like is him trying to turn it into a funny link, I'd much rather an apology and I will be there as soon as I can but in the mean time Aled is going to take over.

Now that would be absolutely fine!
By dimtimjim
Yudster wrote: Now that would be absolutely fine!

It would certainly be better. And as Andy B said, sometimes it really is something beyond your control, i've had a 6 hour journey to work before. But that wasn't the reason at all, which is what annoyed me. I know Chris is busy at the moment and I applaud him for it, but its all about sleep management. If your sleeping through 8 phone calls (I think Aled said eight) then you clearly need more sleep and shoulda gone bed earlier.

I just felt with only one more show to go before a string of 17 consecutive lay-ins was a bit of a piss poor performance. And if I was thinking it, i'm sure Chris' peers were too....

And I think if he's honest, Chris would have the exact same thoughts if another team member turned up late....
By Nick.K
I think its ok if he misses the first 5mins of the show like does most times but the first 40min that is pretty poor showing from Chris.
By hdsport82
catherine wrote:I don't mind once in a while considering I have never ever known him to take any days off sick.

A cynic might say that's because he (and Dave) are freelance not BBC staff so don't (as far as I'm aware) get paid if they don't turn up due to sickness.

The being late thing is getting a little silly yes most people may occasionally be late for work, but then most people don't have a colleague to give them multiple wake up calls and a pre-arranged car to pick them up.
By Yudster
Nick.K wrote:I think its ok if he misses the first 5mins of the show like does most times..........

See I don't. I don't imagine many of us would get away with being 5 minutes late for work on anything like a regular basis. Being 40 minutes late as a complete one-off is, if anything, more understandable.

Its always the same thing that annoys me about it though - if you don't get up when your alarm goes off, especially when you have people running about calling you as well, then you are simply choosing to ignore the fact that its time to get up. Its a choice. Being late because of sleeping in is totally and completely avoidable, therefore totally and completely inexcusable.
By Latina
Andy B wrote:Sometimes these things just happen and there are those people to whom they happen more often. It's not as if he's asking for Fridays off is it?

What does this actually mean?
By dimtimjim
Yudster wrote: Being late because of sleeping in is totally and completely avoidable, therefore totally and completely inexcusable.

Ooooh, I love it when you sound so motherly and authorotative.... Go on, tell me i'm late in and am grounded....! 8O
By Yudster
dimtimjim wrote:
Yudster wrote: Being late because of sleeping in is totally and completely avoidable, therefore totally and completely inexcusable.

Ooooh, I love it when you sound so motherly and authorotative.... Go on, tell me i'm late in and am grounded....! 8O

Authoritative. Pay more attention to your spelling please.
By corsaboi
who cares about him being absent for 40 mins, (it's worth it to hear dave try and run the show :D) The thursday cheesy song changed! :'(
By MK Chris
Well, with a username like 'corsaboi', I'm not so sure you should be allowed to air your opinion in public... I mean I'm all for free speech, but there's a limit.
By Ant
I think Chris turning up late is actually quite entertaining. Kind of goes with the relaxed nature of the show.

In my opinion. :)
By DevilsDuck
I think its an utter disgrace.......absolutely disgusting.....did you know.....if I can bring myself to say it.......but......Dom is a slaphead!

This show is a disgrace and should be pulled of the air now!

Just my opinion on another pointless bit of information that has no real value and sounds as daily mail-ish as the rest of the thread!
By DannyBoy
dimtimjim wrote:Chris not in for opening half hour or so of the show today.....

Now, i'll confess to being one of Chris' biggest fans, love all his work and grown up listening to him. But, I'm also a bit of a traditionalist. I was brought up on 'better never than late' when it comes to work. The point being if your paid job is not important enough for you to ensure you drag ya carcass outa ya pit and arrive on time, look elsewhere.

Added to this 'tis the last day before two weeks off...!!

Now i've always backed Chris/team when ther topic of working hard/taking lots of holiday has come up in here, but if I can get outa bed and drive 100 miles to the office and STILL arrive in time for opening link, I always feel slightly annoyed when Chris turns up late for it!

Anyway, he's in now, let the mirth commence.

Do you do a 200 mile commute daily?
By Travis Bickle
I agree with every word Yudster typed on this thread. I love the show and am loathe to criticise it, but there really isn't any excuse to be regularly late for your job when traffic etc are not factors. Chris has people calling him to get him up and has a driver to take him into work. When he is routinely late it is because he chooses to be late. There aren't any variables in his mornings.

And getting up at 5.30 isn't that early either. I frequently have to get up at that time, and whilst it isn't enjoyable, I just get up when the alarm goes off and get on with it. And, generally, when I have to get up later than 6.30 I still get up then just so I can listen to Moyles and it irks me that he hasn't bothered to get in on time, even if its only by a few minutes.

Like Yudster it annoys me when Dev hasn't ended his show at 6.26 and I know Chris cant be arsed to get into work on time. People may say "its only a few minutes" but if it is so trivial then it shouldn't be a big deal for Moyles to get his arse in gear and get into work on time.

I love Chris and the show but his poor attitude to time keeping and lack of respect for his colleagues and listeners disappoints me.
By Johnnikins
I do a community show and I've learnt that what may be funny to you and your friends might not be funny to the listeners, for example this mornings phone call, I found it to get boring at around 5 minutes into it, he should have just phoned in and said he was running late and then turned up. Not do a 20 minute phone call or however long..
By Johnny 1989
You do all realise that it was an April Fools joke today, they mentioned that the power cut cause the Taxi to be late, unless I've really missed something here?

Thursday is up

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]