The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Just watched that new video he posted on YouTube- not a great fan of the States, cannot abide Coldplay - and let's face it, Radio X is not the cataclysmic be all and end all that BBC Radio One is... Feeling a little jaded by it all to be honest.

Here's the question - does Chris Moyles care anymore? I loved the ego, the man, the * Saviour of Radio. Not, lets own a tinpot station and see out my mediocre 500k listners retirement station DJ.

End.
4 years ago what odds would you have got on one of Chris' friends getting a regular Radio 2 before him?

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2016/09/stephan ... ce=twitter

Clearly great for Stephanie if it happens but it's strange how things work out she's (potentially) moving into a greater spotlight whilst Radio X is struggling to get off the ground.
hdsport82 wrote:4 years ago what odds would you have got on one of Chris' friends getting a regular Radio 2 before him?

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2016/09/stephan ... ce=twitter

Clearly great for Stephanie if it happens but it's strange how things work out she's (potentially) moving into a greater spotlight whilst Radio X is struggling to get off the ground.

Turned out to be bollocks. Gutted, I'd love it to Steph to be on network.
Misfit wrote:Turned out to be bollocks. Gutted, I'd love it to Steph to be on network.

Oh well another red letter day for journalism at the Mirror! I did wonder about the timing when I first read it considering the recent change in format of her BBC Manchester show.
Peteivy wrote:Steph appears to be doing alright for herself. She did a periscope the other day while she was waiting for her mate in her car. A very nice looking Aston Martin!

She drives an Audi day to day*

*not a stalker, just happen to see her driving in and out of work occasionally
Nicola_Red wrote:
MitchOnAStick wrote:I can't shake the feel of the show as being... well, a hobby. If Chris needs this job, he hides it well. Again, that's fine. But it's very difficult to invest in a show that feels like it's being done almost as a favour to us, rather than because the team have a ton of ideas and are desperate to prove themselves once again. There are plenty of people out there on Youtube and on podcasts who are working incredibly hard to make even a smidgen of money to support themselves and to make a name for themselves and you can see the creativity bursting through the seams. Even Grimshaw, bless him, feels like a guy who doesn't want to be tainted by losing a shit-ton of listeners and being the David Moyes to Chris' Alex Ferguson. I'd much rather get behind those because I know that I'll be watching them give their hearts and souls, just as the team did on Radio 1 when the BBC was constantly out to get them..

Mitch, you are consistently nailing it in these threads. I think I love you a little bit. (Platonically of course, I'm a married lady now. I used to have "like a female Barney Stinson" in my sig, alas those days are over... )

Yep - deja vu...
Deja vu about what? Which aspect of the show are you referring to? This thread has gone off on so many tangents that I'm losing track.
Me too. Plenty of funny stuff both yesterday and today. However, Mr Red was so annoyed by them repeatedly playing the clip from Topsy & Tim ("PIPPA!") that he refused to have it on in the car, we had R1 for the journey instead.

Saturday is up