The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
James H wrote:
Yudster wrote:Dave is - well does anyone know what Dave is doing?

Stripey Horse. Whatever the hell that is.

It's a production company going by the link YOU posted.
neilt0 wrote:
AndyC115 wrote:Should this all be true and Moyles does return to the wireless what would be the best way to record from a digital station?

I posted a bit about that on The Reddits: https://www.reddit.com/r/ChrisMoyles/co ... _new_show/

So, assuming Chris returns and is on XFM, we'll need a way to listen to and/or record the show!
I can get XFM on FM where I live, but I am looking at recording the show via DAB. There may be podcasts of the show, but who knows if they will be edited? I'd like to have the option of recording the full shows myself.
So, I looked in to a USB DAB receiver. I think I still have the Psion Wavefinder in the loft somewhere, but I dunno if it will work any more.
I did find this £8 USB stick, which is deceptively versatile: http://www.amazon.co.uk/KEEDOX%C2%AE-RT ... ds=dab+usb and I think I'm going to get one to try it out.
It's a "radio" in a USB stick. As in, it can be used as a software designed radio to pick up any kind of radio signal, from DAB to TV to aircraft comms. Interesting.
http://sdrsharp.com/
Review of the dongle: http://myverdict.net/?p=1894#.VZz0l65Viko

Is it possible to download the show to mp3 rather than recording it? And if so, are people still interested in the idea of having edited shows? Or are people going to just listen to the whole thing instead? I used to edit the breakfast shows because I couldn't bear to listen to the godawful music, but it sounds like the music could be quite a bit better on an XFM show. Although I'm sure I would still make edited versions anyway.

Still no confirmation of a new show though...
By JayE
I know how to download them as mp4s directly from Xfm's website. I would prefer edited shows, if this show does happen I will only be able to listen to the first 2 hours so hearing the rest when I get home from college would be great.
By David
potters11 wrote:It's all gone a little quiet again.

September is approaching quickly.....

That seems to be a huge difference between commercial radio and the BBC.

The BBC would announce things months in advance where as commercial radio will make an announcement on a Thursday about a massive schedule change happening from Monday.

It's Rajar next week - I wonder if we will get an announcement then? A big rebrand can soften the blow of bad results.

Chris still hasn't tweeted since the news was 'announced'
By deimantee1
I'm pretty sure Chris is coming back. I've just watched his periscope video-thingy and he would deliberately skip all those questions about xfm. I mean, why should he ignore it if this wasn't true. ;) Also, he did say something about Thursday "that might be quite fun"... This might be a subtle clue.
By hdsport82
Fledge wrote:Just watched it, and thought exactly the same. The Thursday hint was massive.

Well as has been pointed out it is RAJAR this week and the results are released on (to the public) Thursday. Could do with someone at Global towers to tweet/leak a pic of the new-look studios (potentially with the rumoured new 'Capital Rocks name).

Who knows for sure I'm still trying to keep my skeptical hat on until we get some confirmation.
By MDarlin
:D I am more and more encouraged that this actually will happen. And how wonderful it will be!

Just found this article, from last month. Somehow, I don't think Greg would be speaking like this, if there were a chance it wasn't true. And, one would think he would be in contact with Chris, anyway. :wink:

Greg's sentiment is so, so true. Moylsie is, indeed, "brilliant" on the radio. Just hope he has the best team with him, because that's when he shines.

http://www.digitalspy.com/celebrity/news/a657108/greg-james-looks-forward-to-listening-to-chris-moyles-again-hes-brilliant-on-the-radio.html#~pkvZeJqo7fzcoC
Whether or not there is any substance in the rumours, I am sure we will find out soon.

As per usual, Chris always waits for total silence almost before announcements; remember the leaving Radio 1 announcement? No one was speculating at all in the press at that one.....
By MDarlin
Wouldn't be surprised if most of the team show up, even Dave. But, Aled, at least is quite a possibility. And Dom is already there. Maybe even Rachel! I'm just buzzing with excitement! (so to speak) :D

I've been listening to shows from 2004 lately, and thanks so much to the admins who gave us that treasure trove!!! <3

Chris is the simply best, no competition.

(Oh, and I'm in Northern California, btw. ;) )
MDarlin wrote:I've been listening to shows from 2004 lately, and thanks so much to the admins who gave us that treasure trove!!! <3

Chris is the simply best, no competition.

(Oh, and I'm in Northern California, btw. ;) )

Yeah I've been working my way through the archive since soon after the show ended, and I'm still only up to 2008. I'm so glad we have that archive, it really livens things up when work gets boring.
By Yudster
If it happens I reckon it would involve Dom. I doubt anyone else from the old days would join him though - I'd love to hear Aled with them again but I think its unlikely, and surely no way is Dave going to be allowed in there, however broke he might be...?
MDarlin wrote:...and thanks so much to the admins who gave us that treasure trove!!! <3

I couldn't agree more! My 2 hour-a-day commute would not be the same without my RSS fix.

I have started listening to XFM in the office a bit in anticipation and I have to say I like their playlist better than what Radio 1 had become when the show ended. Far less auto-tune.
And Chris will be able to play Nik Kershaw to his heart's content!

Thanks, both shows are up