The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues

Where do you want Chris Moyles to go next?

A Radio 1 weekend slot
32%
A Radio 2 weekday daytime slot
31%
A Radio 5 Live show with Dave (Something like Richard Bacon's)
19%
The Absolute Radio breakfast show
6%
North Norfolk Digital (North Norfolk's best music mix)/Other
13%
I think he wanted to stay at R1 a bit longer and it didn't happen.
Had he stayed longer, perhaps he would've successfully made the move to R2, who knows.
Also, remember the reports about him doing an 80s show? Perhaps he turned it down, perhaps he wasn't the right fit and Sara was?
If we're going to speculate what Chris is doing, or wants to do next, I think it's writing, TV and radio.
Remember he is a determined bugger and if he hasn't succeeded he is going to keep going until he does.
Or, perhaps there is a plan that we haven't been made aware of to bring onto R2.
Perhaps they've said to him, if we move you on now there will be outrage with the R2 audience, but if we wait 5 years...
Wishful thinking I know.
I really do miss the show. It was getting stale towards the end but that's to be expected after so long. It was still so much better than anything else that is out there.
I really do have a hole in my radio listening schedule, only filled by a bit of Grimmy a bit of Evans and a bit of, gulp, local radio.
By d000hg
I miss the show but luckily iPlayer means I can find something else to listen to in the morning, often Zane's show. I do miss Grimshaw in the evenings two, I thought that was a great show but I don't like him in the morning.

I was a bit surprised Chris didn't do a podcast series with Dave to milk his fame right away, after they spent years talking about getting the audience to all send in a quid :) Sort of like the famous Ricky Gervais podcasts.
By ducky1978
Did anybody hear Greg James 10 minute takeover yesterday (Monday)? The first request was Star Girl by Mcfly.
The part where Chris always used to leave a long gap when playing it happened, then a clip of Chris saying good morning everybody before going back into the song.
Made me wonder if this version of the song was on the system without staff knowing.
Just seemed strange and Greg didn't even mention it (Unless he did it on purpose).

You can hear it here...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b049b84l
By G-Sizzle
Greg usually plays a "good mornin' everybody" clip whenever he gets a bit flirty. He calls it his "inner Moyles"

I'm assuming he played the clip on purpose during that song seeing that it was heavily featured on the Moyles show.

Greg has made no secret that he grew up listening to Moyles.
By chrysostom
He always gave it a big 'Goooooob Bornin Evrebuddah' - Moyles used to hate him playing those clips!

Mills always slips in a Good Mornin' at least once a week
By Nicola_Red
I wonder if that's to try and boost the sales on the Takeaway tour? It's sold terribly.
By Nicola_Red
chrysostom wrote:Hasn't it been going on for a couple of years?!

I'm not sure. I thought this was their first tour, but I may be wrong.
By Topher
Ant and Dec are almost the least appealing TV personalities I'd want to see at the theatre - I was going to say with the exception of those awful Kardashian people and the Essex lot, but they have no personalities.
By chrysostom
Now now, you can only judge if you've taken the time to sit down and watch some of their shows and then assess their lack of personality!
By Topher
Cat watches them... they make me angry, I have to leave the room because it makes me want to throw the TV out of the window. Never seen a more self-obsessed, fame-hungry but famous for absolutely nothing bunch of talentless nobodies.
By swaddon1903
Topher wrote:Never seen a more self-obsessed, fame-hungry but famous for absolutely nothing bunch of talentless nobodies.

So you've never seen The Only Way Is Essex?
By chrysostom
swaddon1903 wrote:
Topher wrote:Never seen a more self-obsessed, fame-hungry but famous for absolutely nothing bunch of talentless nobodies.

So you've never seen The Only Way Is Essex?

Topher wrote:I was going to say with the exception of those awful Kardashian people and the Essex lot
By Topher
Thank you sir!
By VMPhil
ducky1978 wrote:Did anybody hear Greg James 10 minute takeover yesterday (Monday)? The first request was Star Girl by Mcfly.
The part where Chris always used to leave a long gap when playing it happened, then a clip of Chris saying good morning everybody before going back into the song.
Made me wonder if this version of the song was on the system without staff knowing.
Just seemed strange and Greg didn't even mention it (Unless he did it on purpose).

You can hear it here...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b049b84l

Greg also played the same "good morning everybody" clip (but without pausing the song) during Katy Perry's Hot and Cold:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04d0p2k (Skip to 7:40)
By Fathomer
Looks like the money from that farmfoods contract is running out:

@ChrisMoyles: “@HeppyHTFC: Hey @ChrisMoyles. Could do with a couple of quid, you've got a bit haven't you? #worthatry”

Not any more I haven't..!

Bob Shennan, those shifts on Radio 2 this Christmas won't cover themselves you know...
By Yudster
I thought it was a joke. I kind of still do, but only because Brunel University (I used to work on the science park there donkey's years ago) seems a strange choice. If it isn't, I wonder what he's studying?

Small editing gap to come