Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By The Deadly
Thank you Man City. No more "it's our destiny" no more "we have to win it for the Hillsborough victims" (no disrespect to them) no more "Gerrard deserves it"! Liverpool you had it all and you blew it. I've not been this happy for a long time.
By Bruvva
Well, bloody hell, an England team win a trophy ON PENALTIES. Never thought I'd see the day. Well done to the under 17s!
By Bruvva
Lambert to Liverpool then, good if Suarez stays (he's an upgrade on Aspas for one thing) BAD if Suarez goes.

Oh and yer spanish left back Moreno looks like it'll happen as well (just waiting for the traditional Spurs hijack bid now).

Also, I * love Alonso, I've never forgiven Benitez for pushing him out after saying he wanted to replace him with Gareth * Barry.
By Bruvva
*Bangs the "Rooney's shite" drum again*

Seriously, doesn't have the movement and sharpness to play as a number 9 and lacks the positioning and intelligence to play as a number 10. THERE IS NO POINT TO HIM. Still, I suppose the grannies will be lining up in the favelas waiting for him.
By dimtimjim
Bruvva wrote:*Bangs the "Rooney's shite" drum again*

Seriously, doesn't have the movement and sharpness to play as a number 9 and lacks the positioning and intelligence to play as a number 10. THERE IS NO POINT TO HIM. Still, I suppose the grannies will be lining up in the favelas waiting for him.

+1. He's poop overvalued rubbish; always has been always will be. Pleased he's getting so much public stick right now, useless twunt.
By chrysostom
So, looks like Suarez will be going to Barca for £63.5m.

Liverpool will be spending that on ; Can £10m, Lambert £4m, Lollana £25m, Lovren £22.5m

I don't think it's the best of spending...
By Bruvva
chrysostom wrote:So, looks like Suarez will be going to Barca for £63.5m.

Liverpool will be spending that on ; Can £10m, Lambert £4m, Lollana £25m, Lovren £22.5m

I don't think it's the best of spending...

Plus some Belgian lad being loaned straight back to where we got him from possibly.

I'm not fussed about Suarez going but the Barca thing irks me mildly because a) they were supposed to be banned from transfer activity, had that suspended awaiting an appeal so they'll buy shedloads of players this summer ahead of a ban and b) just wait until Suarez's suspension is reduced after he joins them.

The main positive is that Liverpool had between 30 and 50 million to spend this summer thanks to the new tv deal so the Suarez fee just boosts that. Assorted local journos say other transfers are in the pipeline but we'll see.

As for the players already bought...Don't know enough about Can to really comment but apparently he's versatile enough to play DM and in defence which is something Liverpool need, Lambert - 4million quid backup striker who'll provide an option Liverpool didn't have last season, Lovren (assuming he does sign) - decent enough centre half, the only one that I'm not sure about is Lalalalalana. It's not STELLAR but it's not shit - basically strengthening the squad, not a lot wrong with the forward line, even without Suarez.
By Bruvva
According to BBC journo Ben Smith, Suarez has gone for £75 million. And, according to Liverpool, none of the previous spending has been dependent on that cash coming in.

£20 million bid for Lazar Markovic as well apparently.
By The Deadly
Liverpool have to replace that kind of world class talent. They could do a lot worse than breaking the bank for Thomas Müller. I'd imagine he'd do very well over here.
By Bruvva
The Deadly wrote:Liverpool have to replace that kind of world class talent. They could do a lot worse than breaking the bank for Thomas Müller. I'd imagine he'd do very well over here.

And imagine the sponsorship deals with yoghurt companies that could happen! Be an absolute goldmine!
By Bruvva
I felt sorry for Julio Cesar last night...
The last time a Brazilian faced that many shots was when someone tried to jump over the ticket barrier at Stockwell tube station.
By dimtimjim
slightly uninspiring game last night, but at least the Europeans won it...
By Topher
I don't give a crap about European, South American, African or whatever - I do like Germany though and was supporting them just because of that. I think I'd have supported Germany over any other team other than England (except The Netherlands, purely because Cat had a bet on them).
By Bruvva
Glad the dutch didn't win, too much of the Man United about them for someone who isn't a massive * to like.

Meanwhile, back in the important world of the premiership, Arsenal's publicity blurb for their new kit :

"The blue and lime green Future Cup kit will be worn by Arsenal away from home in Cup competitions, including the UEFA Champions LeagueTM and FA Cup. It symbolises the desire for innovation and progression that has driven the club through its history, resulting in Arsenal becoming the first team to wear numbers on shirts and the first club to have stadium floodlights so the team could play at night. It also acknowledges the focus on youth development that has become synonymous with the club.

The Cup shirt combines diagonal blue stripes with a twist of lime green on the body panels and the sleeve cuff tips, bringing a youthful and fresh look to the shirt, with a tailored button down collar.

The home kit stays true to the traditional red and white Arsenal colours that first appeared in 1933. It represents Forever, inspired by the strong and loyal fan base Arsenal has built over the years, and the importance of this community to the Gunners."

I hate PR people.
By chrysostom
Southampton may have sold 4 first XI players and a back up for £93m, but they've replaced 2 of them with Tadic & Pelle for £20m - they've still got a good £70m to replace 3 players and then buy a few more. Sad that the team has broken up, but I think it's nowhere near as bad as people are panicking about.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]