The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues

Where do you want Chris Moyles to go next?

A Radio 1 weekend slot
32%
A Radio 2 weekday daytime slot
31%
A Radio 5 Live show with Dave (Something like Richard Bacon's)
19%
The Absolute Radio breakfast show
6%
North Norfolk Digital (North Norfolk's best music mix)/Other
13%
By Travis Bickle
Nicola_Red wrote:So you think the show ending announcement happening on the same day as the ruling denying Chris anonymity is pure coincidence? Obviously that's entirely possible.

Not sure whether I think it's coincidence or not. If the ruling had happened when the show was at full steam as it was in the first couple of years I don't think it would have led to its end. I did say that I didn't think this was the direct cause of it ending. It would have had the same, or similar, consequences for Chris and the BBC whether he was on breakfast or the 10-midnight show. So why was he in discussions for that show?

I can't get past the fact that - to repeat myself- the show was poor, listeners were deserting, there was a new controller under increasing pressure and the timing was right and it felt right, for it to end when it did. That was without knowing anything about this stuff. The tax situation MAY have hurried it along, but I don't consider it to be the sole cause.
By The Deadly
Chris would have been pensioned off with or without the tax issue. He was everything Ben Cooper didn't want for the flagship show in this era. I believe wholeheartedly they wanted Chris to take over a later slot but by that time Chris had probably gone into a sulk and bit his nose off to spite his face.
By Nicola_Red
I think you're both right, and perhaps the ruling was just a catalyst for the show ending when it did, rather than the actual cause of it ending. But so many people here seemed keen to blame Chris and Jayne's friendship for the things that went wrong with the show, and I never really bought that as an explanation.
By flyingbadger
Nicola_Red wrote:But so many people here seemed keen to blame Chris and Jayne's friendship for the things that went wrong with the show, and I never really bought that as an explanation.

Well done Nic

You win again...

So little time, we do nothing but compete.
There's no life earth, no other could see me through.

You win again.

Some never try but if anybody can, we can.

And I'll be, I'll be...
Following you
By Nicola_Red
That was beautiful *sniff*. i don't really though, none of us know the truth, and it's highly unlikely we ever will.
By dimtimjim
bmstinton93 wrote:Anybody have a sun account and able to export this article and video? http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... anger.html

no. But, who can blame The Sun for being all over it; what with them being sooooo squeaky clean n that... :?

I'd have made sure the last laugh was on them and bought the car. Even a Micra is worth £100 in scrap metal, CM could have doubled his money AND left the stupid Sun journo with no way to get home that day... Twunts.
By dimtimjim
chrysostom wrote: showing where he lives just seems really quite cruel & intrusive.

+1
By Topher
Anyone's address is in the public domain if you look hard enough - the electoral roll for example.
By dimtimjim
Whilst driving home last night I woz listening to the Radio, Annie Mac and the Review show. it had Big-boss-Ben on it. Whilst showing he had way more of an opinion on music* than I'd ever expect from someone of his position, which pleasantly surprised me, he was also fielding listener questions... one of which was

"Will Chris Moyles ever be back on R1/BBC Radio".

And I thought Ben handled it very well, considering the freshly broken news.

For those who missed it; he committed to nothing, confirmed never say never and complimented CM on his broadcasting talents. Furry muff.

Overall, from what I heard, BBB came over very well.

* Who knew he liked NWA..!
By Bruvva
dimtimjim wrote:
bmstinton93 wrote:Anybody have a sun account and able to export this article and video? http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... anger.html

no. But, who can blame The Sun for being all over it; what with them being sooooo squeaky clean n that... :?

I'd have made sure the last laugh was on them and bought the car. Even a Micra is worth £100 in scrap metal, CM could have doubled his money AND left the stupid Sun journo with no way to get home that day... Twunts.

As long as he remembered to declare his earnings, he'd have been laughing.
By chrysostom
I was listening to a Scott Mills podcast from last week (before the news broke), and there was a 'Real or no real' question along the lines of Chris accidentally sending his credit card details round on an all staff email & people in the building using it to buy stuff (it was no real).

When discussing what they would buy with Chris' card details, Danny Howard (the DJ who won the Superstar DJs contest on Moyles' show) commented that he'd buy loads of copies of his book. Scott then made the (slightly out of place) comment that he'd buy a car. Then didn't elaborate & moved on.

Makes me wonder if the R1 staff were pre-warned & briefed about the situation...or just a coincidence. Probably that.
By dimtimjim
The Deadly wrote:Try and sleep with her.

Doesn't he do that with everyone?!! :D
By Topher
Yep, there's a trigger - when a person registers the username "JayE", display thread views.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up