The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By tina11
Is anyone watching Stewart Lee at present on BBC 2? Any thoughts about what what he had to say about Moyles' writing skills? He didn't appear to be that keen, and that's putting it mildly.

His comments were controversial, though they did make me chuckle I'm afraid. He doesn't seem to suffer self proclaimed 'Saviours' gladly.

I look forward to hear what Chris has to say about this. Should be interesting.
By Candyman
I am, Chris is not going to be happy, but thats Stuart Lee's style, has seen his material before and its nothing new for him, thought it was funny especially the sketch.

Problem with Moyles though is he can give this to someone but has trouble taking it, so he could easily not say anything especially with this weekend thingy, but will be listening to find out
By TIAL
I absolutely love Stewart Lee.
He's my favourite 'scripted' comedian. My favourite 'unscripted' comedian is Ross Noble.

I enjoyed every minute of his show tonight, and I'm so pleased he has his own show now. In my opinion, his slating of Moyles' book was totally justified. It was very funny, and resembles the kind of celebrity roast you get in the USA.
Chris' book is purely written for his fans. Those who don't listen to him will rip the piss out the book - as they have the right to do. It's hardly a masterpiece.

Put simply, I love them both.

Iplayer link coming up...
By TIAL
Candyman wrote:Problem with Moyles though is he can give this to someone but has trouble taking it, so he could easily not say anything especially with this weekend thingy, but will be listening to find out

I worry about this too. He might over-react to what was quite a funny view of his book.
By MonkeyMonger
I actually made an account just to post this.

It is basically him making a few different faces and reading the text while some idiots mindlessly laugh for no reason. Maybe the fact I love Chris Moyles is making me become so defensive, but I see no reason for this. I loved the books and the fact that he wasnt trying to be something that he wasnt.

I carried on watching after the Chris Moyles thing, but he says a few words, just normal words and the audience laugh

"Well I was walking down the road" Pauses and makes a face *laughter* "And I saw a dog" Pauses and makes a face *laughter* "I think it was a Poodle" Pauses and makes a face *laughter* "Maybe a Jack Russel with Curly hair" Pauses and makes a face *laughter* "I walked past it while looking at it" Pauses and makes a face *laughter*

You get the picture. I hate this * shite.

EDIT:There is a word ban on C*o*c*k*y which ist a bad word but there isnt on shite?
By TIAL
Nope. Stewart Lee is a stand-up comedian who, after ages, has finally got his own show. Each one of the shows has a different theme. This week, the theme was 'books'. He used a couple of celebrity autobiographies to illustrate his observations on the topic, Chris Moyles' 'Difficult Second Book' being one of them.

Edit - more importantly, it's one of the only TV programmes that has made me laugh out loud in a long while. So what if it's having a pop at Moyles? The only criticism is that the book is hardly up there with the literary greats - something Chris and the team joke about.
By DannyBoy
TIAL wrote:Nope. Stewart Lee is a stand-up comedian who, after ages, has finally got his own show. Each one of the shows has a different theme. This week, the theme was 'books'. He used a couple of celebrity autobiographies to illustrate his observations on the topic, Chris Moyles' 'Difficult Second Book' being one of them.

Edit - more importantly, it's one of the only TV programmes that has made me laugh out loud in a long while. So what if it's having a pop at Moyles? The only criticism is that the book is hardly up there with the literary greats - something Chris and the team joke about.

Thanks mate, will have a gander at it on iPlayer.
By Zoot
MonkeyMonger wrote:I actually made an account just to post this.

It is basically him making a few different faces and reading the text while some idiots mindlessly laugh for no reason. Maybe the fact I love Chris Moyles is making me become so defensive, but I see no reason for this. I loved the books and the fact that he wasnt trying to be something that he wasnt.

I carried on watching after the Chris Moyles thing, but he says a few words, just normal words and the audience laugh

"Well I was walking down the road" Pauses and makes a face *laughter* "And I saw a dog" Pauses and makes a face *laughter* "I think it was a Poodle" Pauses and makes a face *laughter* "Maybe a Jack Russel with Curly hair" Pauses and makes a face *laughter* "I walked past it while looking at it" Pauses and makes a face *laughter*

You get the picture. I hate this * shite.

EDIT:There is a word ban on C*o*c*k*y which ist a bad word but there isnt on shite?

You need to change your censor settings under 'control panel'. There's no problem with swearing on this board.
By Nicola_Red
I saw it and whilst I've loved Stewart Lee for years, seeing him go at Moyles put me on the defensive a bit. I think really it was the inherent criticism of Moyles fans that got my back up a bit. I think that generally we're an intelligent bunch on here and being dismissed as idiots just for liking Moyles and enjoying his radio show was kinda galling. But hey ho.

I take it Moyles didn't mention it on his show? I only heard about the last 90mins today.
By Andy B
I'm watching it now so I can complain to the Daily Mail later but the only thing I keep thinking is How fat does Stuart Lee look. That jacket's not doing him any favours either, it looks like it's gonna burst open at any point......
By NotAPoodle
MonkeyMonger wrote:I actually made an account just to post this.

I actually made this account just to post this

The dog joke is really funny - you should send it to Chris Moyles
By TIAL
C-Kay wrote:I thought someone said he was a comedian?

He's not everyone's cup of tea, that's for sure.
By Andy B
I used to find Stuart Lee very funny when I was in my early twenties. TMWRNJ was brilliant as was the Smell of Lew and Herring and Fist of Fun. It just seems like he hasn't changed one bit which is awful and he looked really fat in that bloody suit.

Seriously, it was more awful than an old Moyles TV programme.
By CassieJackson
My favourite bit was the theme tune.

The bit about the toilet book and butt clenching made me smile, but that was about it. It's a shame, I thought I might enjoy the show given mine and TIAL's shared comedy love for Ross Noble. All Stewart Lee managed to do though, was wind me up by dragging "jokes" out for too long.
By Quincy
it was ok. some bits funny but some of the jokes were dragged out for too long. he has got fat and old. i miss the days of this morning with richard not judy.
By TIAL
I've never really seen Lee and Herring as a double act, I only know them for their individual standup efforts.
Both very good.

One of the problems of Lee's TV show is that the extended jokes do tend to drag on a little too much. This works very well when you're in the audience but when you're just watching it on TV it doesn't work quite as well.
Saying that though, I thought it was great. At least he wasn't using the standard way of slagging off Chris, by attacking his weight. I'll look forward to the 5 remaining shows.
By MonkeyMonger
TIAL wrote:I've never really seen Lee and Herring as a double act, I only know them for their individual standup efforts.
Both very good.

One of the problems of Lee's TV show is that the extended jokes do tend to drag on a little too much. This works very well when you're in the audience but when you're just watching it on TV it doesn't work quite as well.
Saying that though, I thought it was great. At least he wasn't using the standard way of slagging off Chris, by attacking his weight. I'll look forward to the 5 remaining shows.

A fat guy attacking another fat guy for being fat? Hed look stupid and in Chris's current state I think he is slimmer than Stewart
By Johnny 1989
MonkeyMonger wrote:
TIAL wrote:I've never really seen Lee and Herring as a double act, I only know them for their individual standup efforts.
Both very good.

A fat guy attacking another fat guy for being fat? Hed look stupid and in Chris's current state I think he is slimmer than Stewart

To be fair Chris used to slate the crap out of Jono Coleman for been fat back in the day, I'm sure I've got a show somewhere where he has a rant about him :lol:
By TIAL
MonkeyMonger wrote:
TIAL wrote:Saying that though, I thought it was great. At least he wasn't using the standard way of slagging off Chris, by attacking his weight. I'll look forward to the 5 remaining shows.

Seriously? I think Stewart is far slimmer that Moyles if we have to get into details.
However, the point remains - he didn't stoop so low as to pick on Chris' weight, as many other do. The other digs were purely because of what he wrote in his book, which I thought was very clever.
By ALFIE
TIAL wrote:
MonkeyMonger wrote:
TIAL wrote:Saying that though, I thought it was great. At least he wasn't using the standard way of slagging off Chris, by attacking his weight. I'll look forward to the 5 remaining shows.

Seriously? I think Stewart is far slimmer that Moyles if we have to get into details.
However, the point remains - he didn't stoop so low as to pick on Chris' weight, as many other do. The other digs were purely because of what he wrote in his book, which I thought was very clever.

Have to agree.
Watched Lee on I Player after a friend recommended it. Actually didn't make me laugh but it seemed well constructed.
As for his comments re 2nd book. Well...I think he has a point!
Love Chris and the show, been listening for 8 yearsish and bought and read both books. I thought the 2nd was pants. Not in its entirety; there were some amusing anecdotes, but taken as a whole it seemed more a money making venture than an effort to tell a story!
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up